Monday 2 June 2008

Elegance Knit cover - Episode 1: Yarn

I'm definitely getting closer and closer.

The pattern is from Let's Knit Series #11, Elegance Knit. The book is listed on the right side of this page, you can collect the ISBN etc. but it looks like it's not available any more. Neither in Amazon Japan nor in YesAsia. How many times did I tell you to buy it???


So, received the original yarn this morning : Tasmanian Merino , colour 701 ( off-white, light cream), 14 balls, 40 gr each.
I've ordered through JAA Japan Auction Agency ( which is a bit cheaper then Crescent) and from this Japanese yarn shop.
Here it is:



Prior to any knitting, I feel we need a good strategy with this pattern. Maybe getting in a proper Tasmanian mood first...



Anyway, bit more about the yarn.
The gauge is 22 on 5-6 needle size. The only yarn with identical gauge in my stash is Jaeger extra fine merino DK.
Comparing these two yarns : the Tasmanian Merino is a bit thinner - I would say 15-20% thinner.

That's how they got the same yardage in a 40g ball.
Stay tuned, next episode will be about swatching, the chart, and the twisted decreases.

No comments: