Saturday 5 July 2008

Elegance Knit Cover - Episode 3: The Math

I needed to resize and go up a bit, so I just added two more rows of twisted stitches at each side. One row is over 3 stiches.

This gave me 144 + 6x2 = 144 + 12 = 156 stitches. It measures 49 cm unblocked and I hope to go to 53cm after washing and blocking.

And here it is what I've managed in about 6 rainy days.

A closeup.


The pattern is easier than I thought. Each side of the butterfly has one yo and one decrease in each row and it's quite obvious where to place them, as the pattern flows in continuous lines.

I am using Addi Lace needles and they are GREAT for the job, with all these twisted stitches. Do not even think of attempting this pattern or anything similar without lace needles.

1 comment:

Mairwen said...

Lovely! I agree with you...I like knitting the 'butterflies' mch more than knitting the wrapped bits. I've started doing the wraps like you suggested, without a cable needle, and I don't know that my tension is different, but it's always nice not to have to fumble around with a cable needle. Thanks for the tip!
Mairwen